Saturday 22 May 2021

Happy belated 10th birthday, "What A World"!

I haven't forgotten about my UK PonyConline reports! All being well, I'll get to Sunday on Monday, if you see what I mean. But for now...

I'm never quite sure whether to include the full stop in Alex S(.)'s name, but for this particular video he did include it in the account name but not in the video name. So take your pick! Anyway, Alex S. was another one of the big names in the early Pony music fandom, with his best-remembered tracks generally dealing in glitch or dubstep or both. I believe this was the first of those big hitters.

The video now on YouTube was only uploaded in 2015, but that's because Alex S. took down his MLP stuff for a time while he was trying to break into the mainstream music business under the name "Andromulus". The track is actually far older than that, and after a bit of searching I found this Mediafire upload of an MP3 of it, which is dated 13 May 2011.

It's a fun track, too. We don't see much Steven Magnet in our Pony music, do we? In fact, this may be the most prominent Magnet Music of the lot. Good job it's so catchy, then! Happy late birthday!

1 comment:

  1. A song so great, it predated him actually being called Steven Magnet! :)

    ReplyDelete