Wednesday 26 May 2021

New story by me: On the Wrong Track

The next Ponyfic Roundup has been bumped to tomorrow because, well, me actually publishing a story is more newsworthy. At least, it is on this blog. The last story I put out was Raising the Baa, which appeared in, er, July 2019. Of course I know that some authors always publish only at rare intervals, but in those cases a lengthy gap would be considerably less noteworthy. In my case, this is the longest I've ever gone between ponyfics. Anyway...

On the Wrong Track by Loganberry
Twilight and OC
Comedy/Slice of Life; 2k words; May 2021; Everyone

Following the retirement of Celestia and Luna, Princess Twilight Sparkle is now the unquestioned and undisputed ruler of all her land – including the transport networks. That means the major rail strike now looming will be all her fault.

This new story is very much in the "bit of silly fun" category. Don't go expecting anything like The Book of Ended Lives or even More than Alive. Unsurprisingly given the date of my last fic, On the Wrong Track is the first time I've written Ruler Twilight. She probably wishes I hadn't, though I haven't really changed her much from the Princess Twi I knew before. I'm just relieved to have got something out there after all this time. At the very least, I hope that a few people will get some gentle enjoyment from it.

Oh, and it seems that my new story got featured. This is not exactly of major importance, and it's even less so these days, but I mention it nevertheless as it's only the second fic of mine ever to reach the Feature Box. (The first was Where They Understand You.)

No comments:

Post a Comment