Wednesday 19 February 2020

Unavoidable (but I hope short) delay

There's always something, isn't there? In this case, it's these floods. While I don't live by the river myself, I do live in an affected town (it's the worst flooding here for almost 20 years) and do know people who are at risk of being flooded. As such, I really haven't had the time to spend on Pony that I normally would. I hope I can get Ponyfic Roundup posted tomorrow or Friday, but things are moving fast around here and so I may have to scratch this edition entirely and wait until next week. Apologies for the inconvenience.

4 comments:

  1. South Wales here, feeling it too (my home is fine but work, and the train line thereto, was flooded). Hope things clear up soon, but in the meantime please don't worry! I can't speak for everypony but I'm here for the quality of writing and discussion, not to feverishly mash the refresh button demanding to know where your scheduled posts are.

    (plus as someone who has barely published anything since July due to a combination of being busy, dissatisfaction with drafts, and simple indolence, I'm kind of in awe of anyone who manages to post quasi-regularly even without Other Stuff going on.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worcestershire here, not all that far from the Severn -- though thankfully far enough. I think we're starting to turn the corner here now, and I hope that's the case down your way as well.

      Anyway, thank you for the kind words. I really like writing this blog, in truth perhaps more than I like writing ponyfic, so it'll go on for the foreseeable future. Thank you for being a part of it!

      Delete
  2. I went through the photos you linked to. What a mess! I'm sure those of us who regularly read your blog are willing to wait for however long it takes for things to get back to some semblance of normalcy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It shouldn't be all that long. I have a ponymeet coming up this Saturday in Worcester, which is one of the badly hit places in these parts. I'm hoping things will be looking up by then.

      Delete