Sunday 9 February 2020

Meetery

Nothing pressing to write about today, so I'll simply mention that the Worcester ponymeet folks met up yesterday. We were about ten in number overall, and though I don't have precise records I suspect that's actually higher than the average from when the fandom was larger. The group's been meeting since May 2013, and I was a founder member, so I think I can make a reasonable judgement on that.

We don't even do anything particularly special. There are only perhaps one or two times each year when we depart from our simple regime of sitting around a café table and enjoying chat, food, silliness and ponies. I wonder sometimes whether that might actually be the secret behind our still holding up well in 2020. Admittedly the fact that we consider ten a largish attendance probably helps too, in that we all know each other quite well by now.

Though of course we're very happy to welcome newcomers! We have had a couple of new semi-regulars in the last year or two, which has been very pleasing. I don't know how long these meets will continue, but I really hope they go on for some considerable time to come. We're not scared of G5!

No comments:

Post a Comment