Sunday 23 February 2020

UK PonyCon 2020: dates and venue announced!


UK PonyCon 2020
NTU City Campus, Nottingham
Sat 10th and Sun 11th October

Let's talk about the choice of dates first. The convention has been in October for as long as I've been going to it (first attended 2014) and it seems to work out pretty nicely. It doesn't clash with the other British cons (Griffish Isles and BronyScot), nor with school holidays or exam season. The 10th will also be precisely one decade since Friendship is Magic premiered. I thoroughly support this choice of dates and – if the weather behaves for once! – I think they'll work very well indeed.

Now for the bit I do have slightly mixed feelings about: UKPC will be back at the same venue for the third year running, the first time it's ever done this. Read the committee's article and you'll see their reasons. Attendee feedback mentioned a desire for good transport links, local accommodation options, plenty of side rooms for panels etc and on-site refreshments. The article says the committee "found it difficult to find another venue that ticks these boxes as well as Nottingham while keeping ticket prices affordable."

It's extremely hard to argue with any of those points. There's more I could say regarding my feelings about this, and I may do so at a future date. But I don't want to do that kind of thing in today's post. Today, I simply want to say that if I can I expect to be going to UK PonyCon once again – which would mean my attending for the seventh straight year. I won't be staying in the same hotel, though, so that will be a change of scene, at least. It may still be seven and a half months away, but UKPC 2020 suddenly feels closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment