Tuesday 11 February 2020

"Lavender Alicorn Blues" – the instrumental!

( Text link )

Last month, I posted this piece I composed, with me singing. There were two problems with that: one, I am not the world's greatest singer. Two, my mic is embarrassingly awful in quality. I said at the time that I might upload an instrumental version to get around that... and here it is! I've made only one or two tiny edits to the tune itself since the first version, but I hope any of you that liked the music itself but were put off by the quality (in either sense!) of my singing will enjoy this new, voice-free version.

The lyrics you'll now have to sing yourself! They're unchanged, but I'll repeat them past the page break for convenience.

Verse 1

A butter-yellow pegasus flew up to my tree,
She said, "Hey now Twilight, won't you listen to me?
The bunnies are stampeding and the skunk's on the run,
The bats won't go to bed because you won't raise the sun."
I said, "Don't tell me 'bout your mice and your shrews,
'Cause I've got those lavender alicorn blues."

Verse 2

An alabaster unicorn stopped by me next day,
She said, "Hey now Twilight, don't you treat me this way.
The Gala's round the corner and I'm all in a mess,
Until I get your checklist I can't work on your dress."
I said, "I'm sorry if you can't find your muse,
But I've got those lavender alicorn blues."

Instrumental bridge

Verse 3

An orange-coated earth mare hammered at my front door,
She said, "Hey now Twilight, won't you tell me the score?
I got a little problem, and it's one that I ought
To bring up nice and proper-like; get down to your Court."
I said, "Let's skip it and get into your booze,
Might help lose those lavender alicorn blues."

2 comments: