Saturday 8 December 2018

New FiM shorts?

Well, this is interesting indeed. As mentioned on Equestria Daily, three new shorts have popped up over in China. They're currently only available in Chinese, so I haven't seen anything of them beyond the screenshots on EqD, but I believe it's the first time we'll have had shorts that aren't Equestria Girls and feature ponies, ponies and more ponies.

Edit: actually not. As OilyValves points out in the comments, there were the Hot Minute shorts back in 2013. Published by Hot Topic rather than by Hasbro directly, but they count, I think.

I'm not going to spoil anything (not that I know much anyway!) but apparently these will be written by a mixture of newcomers and existing show writers. I shall wait and see with interest!

4 comments:

  1. MLP seems to be taking a page out of Steven Universe's book, all of a sudden. <.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the ‘Hot Minute’ shorts in the hiatus before season 4:
    https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRT3ZI43j2UN_zGhMBlvUlUqUKC7AYOR9

    The Twilight one caused a stir because it had footage from the (then unknown) first EQG. Also the AJ one for sinking everyone’s hat head-canons at the time.

    These new ones are intriguing anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good point – I'd forgotten about those things that Hot Topic published. I'll edit the post. Cheers. :)

      Delete