Tuesday 10 October 2017

Early movie releases... in England! *UPDATED*

Awooga! Awooga! Pastel alert!

Big news if, like me, you live in the UK outside Scotland and are counting the days until the film's release on the 20th... there now seems to be a limited early release in England too. I don't know how many cinemas will be involved, as the numbers seem to have gradually increased during the Scottish previews, but so far I've found:

Brighton: Cineworld
Showing at 10:30, 13:10 and 15:30
Tickets: £11.30 Sat/Sun, £9.80 weekdays
Online booking fee: 70p
Book tickets here

Brighton: Odeon
Showing at 11:50 and 14:20
Tickets: £11.25 every day
Online booking fee: included
Book tickets here

Leicester: Showcase Cinema de Lux
Showing at 10:00, 12:30 and 15:00
Tickets: £9.90 Sat/Sun, £7.95 weekdays
Online booking fee: 60p
Book tickets here

Leicester: Odeon
Showing at 10:15 (Sat-Thu only), 12:45 and 15:15
Tickets: £11.00 Fri-Tue, £8.75 Wed-Thu
Online booking fee: included
Book tickets here

Loughborough: Odeon
Showing at 10:45, 13:15 and 15:45 (not Sat)
Tickets: £4.75 every day
Online booking fee: included
Book tickets here

Thanks to mlpbronypony on UK of Equestria for the initial heads-up.

6 comments:

  1. Oh bother I could of gone to the Brighton screening if I wasn't working that day. Guess it will have to be next week. (There is no way I'm watching the leaked version!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not watching the leak either. I might be able to go to Leicester on Saturday, but otherwise it'll have to wait until the 28th.

      Delete
    2. If you do go to Leicester, I'll join you. :)

      Delete
    3. Really? Then I probably will, thanks! I just don't want to go on my own. I don't mind about people thinking I'm odd (because I am!) but I want someone to chat to it about afterwards! I'll PM you on UK of E in a bit. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, are those ticket prices normal? Seems awfully high. Except the one in "Lowbrow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinema ticket prices are all over the place in the UK. They are a bit more expensive than I'd like, but on the other hand most cinemas will allow you to take in your own snacks and (non-alcoholic) drinks, which I understand is rare in the US.

      The Odeon in Loughborough (pron. "Luff-bruh") is a much older and smaller building than the others, which usually results in lower prices. Under a fiver is still good going for a weekend, though.

      Delete