Tuesday 4 April 2017

Plans for the Easter period

Well, it looks as though one of my concerns about Flashfic 150 – that nobody would take any notice – has been laid to rest. 47 members at the last count and the inaugural contest has five entries already, which is nice given that there's over a fortnight to go. Naturally, there'll be no comments from me indicating any preference until I actually announce the results later in the month.

On to the main business of the day. I'll be away for a week or so over Easter (Thursday to Wednesday) and I will have only very limited internet access while I'm on holiday. That means there'll be a few departures from the normal Louder Yay schedule.

This week, things on the blog will continue as usual, with Ponyfic Roundup appearing tomorrow (5th) as you'd expect. I do have an EqD submission I want to get on with this week, but you shouldn't notice any difference from my usual approach to Louder Yay itself. Yes, that means Logan making up any old rubbish as he goes along. Hey, it's done the trick for me for four and a half years now!

Next week, there will be a Ponyfic Roundup as usual on the Wednesday (12th), but that will be the last new material to appear here for a little while – unless by some miracle I manage to schedule a post or two. I'll try to remember, but if everything goes quiet it doesn't mean that I've decided that Pony is not worth the candle and decided to take up the contrabassoon instead. Well, not necessarily.

After Easter, the most noticeable change will be that the S7 premiere review will be late. (Bolded because otherwise someone's bound to ask!) I'll get home on Wednesday (19th) and I very much intend to have the review up before episode three appears the following weekend. There will also be no Ponyfic Roundup that week as I just won't have time to fit one in.

Things should return to normal by the time episode 3 appears. At least, to whatever passes for normal in these parts. And PR that week will – I hope – be a Spotlight edition, focusing on a story I hope finally to have read by then.

2 comments:

  1. "Take up the contrabassoon"

    Haha, that would be fun to see. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure it would be quite as much fun from my point of view. :P

      Delete