Sunday 23 April 2017

EFNW Scribblefest, plus some future plans

Okay, remember that nice surprise I mentioned a few days ago? The one that greeted me on the fifth anniversary of my Fimfiction membership? It was this: The Book of Ended Lives won the Rarity Prize in this year's Everfree Northwest Scribblefest contest. This has nothing to do with Rarity-themed content: TBoEL doesn't feature her at all. It's given for "elegance in writing". I was completely blindsided by this, especially as the way Scribblefest works you don't enter for a specific prize, but I'm sure as hay not going to complain about it!

So, what next for prize-winning author Loganberry? (Look, I'm human. I want to use that phrase once, at least!) I'm tempted to spruce up some of my older stories. They can't be republished as new fics, of course, and hardly anyone reads really old fics so it would mostly be for my own satisfaction. But that's okay. This doesn't mean I won't be publishing anything new. I still have quite a few ideas that I'd like to commit to virtual paper before I end my ponyfic career – and I don't plan on that happening for some considerable time to come. If we don't get a mid-season hiatus, though, I may not have that much time. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I was told by one of the judges that my entry barely missed getting a prize. ;-; Like you, I just wrote something that wasn't aimed at any category specifically.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a particularly irritating experience, almost worse than placing nowhere. :/

      I didn't even write this fic with the contest in mind. It's just that by the time the contest rolled around, it was ready to be published and seemed to fit well enough with the prompt to submit. Lucky coincidence!

      Delete