Thursday 12 May 2016

Text Review Roundup: "Newbie Dash"

Last Saturday's episode was the most divisive we've seen so far this season. I really was surprised by the intensity of some of the criticism – not that I have any problem with that, apart from when it gets personal. I'm actually wondering whether there may be some sort of Transatlantic split here, since our little UK of Equestria bubble was mostly (though not universally) positive towards the episode. I haven't watched many blind reactors yet, so I'll be interested to see how they felt about it.

I've dug up eight reviews this time, and they split right down the middle:

Batbrony Reviews – fairly positive ("flawed? Yes ... but that doesn't mean I don't like it")

CrowRider1 – quite positive ("pretty good, not crazy good")

Derpy News – negative (rated D+)

MLEEP Reviews – wildly positive (rated 10/10; "one of my all-time favorite episodes")

Ponyland News – positive (rated 8.2/10)

Super Recaps – very negative ("easily the worst episode of the season so far")

Unleash the Fanboy – quite negative (rated 5/10; "a disappointment")

TheDragonWarlock – rather negative (rated C-)

No comments:

Post a Comment