Friday 20 May 2016

Pony Music Library 6: "Hard Knocks"

It's about time we had another PML post! Tempting as it would be to add several of the songs from "A Hearth's Warming Tail", I think they're much too new for me to be able to say with confidence that they'll stay the course and become classics in my book. This track, however, is another story. It's faded from the fandom's consciousness a little recently, which is a shame:


What? "Hard Knocks"

Who? Griffinilla ft. Alex Cole

Which? Original song

When? September 2013

Why? This is a pretty dark and even by MLP standards chilling song, telling the story of a roughly treated pony toy (presumably named Hard Knocks) from his own perspective. I'm not entirely fond of the little fuzz-speak interlude, and even after all this time I don't quite get all the lyrics, but as a whole it's quite impressive stuff and has stuck in my head for more than two years now.

1 comment:

  1. Hah, this is my favourite from Griffinilla, a shame it isn't as well spoken of as some other stuff. It is up there with Ponyphonics' stuff in my "Pony Songs I wish I could sing at a Karaoke" list.

    ReplyDelete