Saturday 14 May 2016

Pony Music Library 5: "Flutterwonder"

It's been a busy week, so this is my first PML entry for a little while. This one's for all those who can't help but smile at the phrase "Deep Wide Bell Wonder".


What? "Flutterwonder"

Who? PinkiePieSwear

Which? Show song remix

When? August 2011

Why? He's changed his name to Matt R and hasn't made new pony music in years, but PinkiePieSwear will always be known for a couple of his remixes, of which this is my favourite. It takes the "So Many Wonders" song from "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" and turns it into something very different but still somehow entirely fitting for Fluttershy. Filly Fluttershy, incidentally, who can never be ignored in any case. Yes, the accompanying video is low-res and basic when set against many newer PMVs – but come on, it's nearly five years old! Besides, it's the music that really matters here.

5 comments:

  1. My wife loves this song so much. It's only below the stuff from Mmmmandarin Orange in her pantheon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, that name takes me back. I absolutely adore "The Garden" PMV with Fluttershy -- it doesn't qualify here as the music isn't pony, but I may have to go and watch it now anyway.

      Delete
  2. The Garden is my favorite PMV of all time, but almost anything that guy did was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was, as far as I recall, the first remix from MLP that I ever heard. And I seem to remember you told me about it too. I still love this track to this day (as well as the remix, by the same person, of "Hush Now.") I actually saw the video before I saw the actual episode and thought it was fascinating, so this always brings back good memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could well have been me, as I've loved it from the moment I saw it. :)

      Delete