Friday 27 January 2017

Looks like the Smyths monopoly is over!

I don't post much about merch on here, but I would like to record my pleasure at starting to see Guardians of Harmony sets turn up in supermarkets. I was in my local big Tesco yesterday and they had several, including the Cheese Sandwich cannon, Chrysalis/Spike and Twilight/changeling. What I'd really like, of course, would be a Fluttershy GoH set – a regular one, at regular prices, not just that not-exactly-cheap SDCC set with her and Discord. I don't think Rarity has a GoH set at the moment, either. Boo.

At least some of the Fan Series figures would be nice as well, given the usual silly import prices.

2 comments:

  1. I'm fairly sure Fluttershy AND Rarity will be on their way in the not-too-distant future, considering AJ was just announced (along with Daring Do, *squee*), and we've already had Dash, Twi and Pinkie.

    I can't tell you how pleased I am that Hasbro has finally woken up to the need for high-quality figures which children and the fans alike can enjoy. As far as I'm concerned 'Gardians of Harmony' is a big win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Rarity will... but I wonder about 'Shy, given that she has has a figure. After all, Derpy has never had a regular-issue large brushable, despite having been given the SDCC treatment years ago.

      Delete