Tuesday 15 March 2022

Happy 10th to... me!

It was on 15th March 2012 that I first posted my thoughts on an episode of My Little Pony to my LiveJournal. (Remember LiveJournal?) It was the opening two-parter, unsurprisingly. I wasn't quite yet hooked – that came a few days later when I reached "Dragonshy". I'd posted a "Which pony are you?" meme on the 13th (Fluttershy. Did you really have to ask?) but it was the 15th that really started my now decade-long involvement with this utterly absurd fandom. So happy tenth birthday, brony Logan!

8 comments:

  1. Many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ten years, wow! Congratulations, buddy!

    Now I'm reminded my 5th anniversary of my MLP exposure (seeing the 2017 movie) is coming up, on October 31st. Yes, I saw it on Halloween. Make of that what you will.

    Five years though, I can hardly believe it. Ten must feel so wild! Though there's gonna be tons of 10th anniversary Brony milestones this year of course, given just how many people joined in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)

      And yes, 2012 was quite a year. I sometimes wish I'd got in at the very start, but you take what you can get.

      Delete
  3. YO LET'S GOOOO POGGERS GAMER etc. like the kids these days say :B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your word for it, fellow kid. :P

      Delete
  4. Excellent! Double-digit Achievement unlocked!

    My decadaversary passed a while ago, and it is truly astounding to me that such "light" fare is capable of holding people's interest for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really extraordinary thing, isn't it? Not that I'm complaining, mark you!

      Delete