Sunday 6 March 2022

Re:Make's Elements EP will be released on 26th March

Exciting news today: Re:Make's Elements EP will be published to all the major online music platforms on Saturday 26th March. This EP includes updated and reworked versions of the four existing songs ("Generosity", "Laughter", "Kindness" and "Loyalty"), plus a finished version of "Honesty" (which was played in unfinished form at UKPC 2019 and possibly somewhere else too)... plus of course "Magic", the final song which I believe has never been heard anywhere in public before.

I'm typing this after hearing the EP played at a Twitch pre-release party. The musicians were giving commentary, so there was a fair bit of talking, but I was pretty impressed. Enough that I'm going to buy it? Yes, I think so. Review coming later on, assuming I do buy the thing. Re:Make have said that a "very limited" physical release is likely, on CD and conceivably even vinyl. I suspect those may be too expensive for me, but I don't imagine they'll have much trouble selling them.

It's so nostalgic to have a really big Pony fandom music release again. Things have changed quite a bit since the original release of (most of) these songs back in the Acoustic Brony days -- no MandoPony now of course, an updated Re:Make-like sound, all that kind of thing. All in all, I think this new version is just a better record all-round. It's been a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment