Thursday 31 October 2019

UK PonyCon report, part 5: The Obligatory Merch Haul Pic

Almost at the end of this marathon now! After this, I have only one more post to come on the subject – a "general thoughts" one which will probably appear sometime around Monday. Apologies for the iffy quality of the photo here; it was taken in my Nottingham hotel room on a very gloomy day. I think I've got the details of each item right, but I'm happy to be corrected if anyone knows better.

Apologies for the small numbers; click the pic to enlarge it a bit
Key to items

1. Fluttershy "mystery bag"; art by Ponebooth. This contained:
2. Mane Six lanyard
10. Fluttershy badge
11. "Brony forever" badge
3. 2019 con T-shirt; art by Sparkler. Not black! :D
4. "Crystal Pony" – from the 2018 pony customising contest. My auction win!
5. Con badge; art by Anna Pommes
6. Apple Family print; art by Greenfly
7. Programme for the "Beach Party" evening concert.
8. Conbook; art by Anna Pommes
9. Sleepy Fluttershy; by Magical Cuties
12. Seapony Britannia; by the HQG1C project
13. Little UK PonyCon flyer
14. Bambi-style Fluttershy badge; by Jowybean

A smaller haul than at some cons – no original art, for example – but then my budget was tighter so that was no surprise. I was pretty pleased, all in all. A shame UKPC stopped doing posters after 2017, as I really liked them. That flyer was the closest we non-VIPs could get (they got an exclusive print). But if the posters didn't sell well enough any more, I can't really knock them for discontinuing the things. Hard to pick a favourite item from this lot, but Sleepyshy must be pretty high on the list. She's so adorable! :D

2 comments:

  1. I've not commented (I think) but I've really enjoyed reading these recaps. It wouldn't have felt complete without this! And Sleepyshy is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yes, she's wonderful. Cost under a fiver, which was remarkable really.

      Delete