Tuesday 1 October 2019

UK PonyCon questionnaire thingy, 2019 edition!

I've done a questionnaire like this for the last couple of UK PonyCons (although I forgot for Griffish Isles tbis year) and so I thought I'd post one for 2019 as well. This is based on a furry fandom questionnaire that itself was doubtless based on others, so do feel free to use or adapt the questions for yourself if you like. Here we go.

What do I call you? Logan. My actual fandom name is Loganberry, and I don't have any problem with you using that, but it's pretty rare that anyone does. Pretty much everyone calls me Logan, apart from at registration given my real name is on the ticket!

Gender and pronouns? Male. He/him.

What will you look like? Boring. This is me we're talking about. I've run out of time to do even the very simple cosplay I'd been thinking about, so I'll be dressed as I usually am at UKPC, in a Pony T-shirt. I never wear jeans (denim slightly irritates my skin) but I always wear glasses.

Who will you be with? Whoever can bear my company for at least some of the convention. Quite possibly various members of Team Custard at times.

What will you be doing? I have a fairly open mind this time, and money is very tight so I won't be doing as much shopping as at some previous cons. Definites include the Pub Quiz, the Charity Auction and at least a little karaoke. I also intend to go to the showing of the G4 movie.

Can I talk to you? Absolutely! Please just bear in mind that escapism is a big part of the fandom in general and this convention in particular for me. I will not appreciate it if you try to drag me into a debate about Brexit. I'd prefer if most of the conversation were actually about MLP.

What can I talk to you about? Well, you could tell me that my ponyfic is the best you've ever read, but we both know that this would be an utter lie. Unless you've never read anyone else's, I suppose. Still, ponyfic in general would be a very welcome topic. I'm happy to talk about pretty much anything Pony, though. (Except NSFW stuff, but then you shouldn't be talking about that at UKPC anyway, should you? :P )

Can I take your photo? I don't see why you'd want to, but I have no problem with being included in general scenes, so there's no need to crop me out of crowd photos etc. If you happen to video something I do, especially karaoke, I would really like to see the recording, though!

Can I hug you? I'm open to hugs, yes. Though please ask first, since I am occasionally carrying something fragile and I'd like the chance to put it somewhere safe!

How long are you staying? I'm travelling to Nottingham on Friday afternoon and returning home on Monday morning. (The timing of the latter depends to some extent on whether there's any sort of "farewell breakfast" going on near the station, as there was last year.)

Where are you staying? In the very same hotel I used for last year's con: Travelodge Nottingham Central. Reasonably convenient for pretty much everywhere and inexpensive enough that I could actually afford it. :P

How are you travelling? I'm heading to Nottingham by train, via Birmingham. I expect to pause for lunch somewhere around New Street/Grand Central, so if you see someone in a past-con T-shirt lugging a couple of bags around, it may well be me! If so, feel free to say hello. :) In the city, I'll either walk or take the tram.

Favourite characters? Fluttershy is best pony. Scootaloo is best filly. Celestia is best princess. Silverstream is best stairs enthusiast. Phyllis is best plant. Derpy is best Derpy.

Anything else I should know? Probably, but I'm having a hard enough time with the things I should know.

No comments:

Post a Comment