Tuesday 5 December 2017

Frustrating news on the movie's Blu-ray release

Screenshot of Amazon.co.uk showing the 12th February release date

I discovered yesterday that the Blu-ray of My Little Pony: The Movie will be released in the UK on... 12th February 2018. That's more than a month after it comes out in the US (9th January). For some utterly bizarre reason, the UK DVD release is two weeks later still, on 26th February. I can't even remember split Blu-ray/DVD release dates before, and I have no idea why they're doing it.

I haven't been able to find out what's happening in the UK regarding download releases, but my guess is that the late release of the discs is because a couple of countries (eg Spain) are only getting the movie in the cinema this month. Whatever the case, I am not happy. It was bad enough waiting two weeks after the US for the big-screen release. Waiting five weeks for this is, frankly, a bit much.

Also on subject of the Blu-ray, it's still not clear what our "Triple Play" will be. I'd like it to be Blu-ray+DVD+download, but I have a feeling that we'll get Ultraviolet instead of the DVD. Much less attractive a package, but it's the way things have been going recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment