Saturday 2 December 2017

Here Comes the Sun... Stone

I finished watching "The End of Flutter Valley" yesterday evening. Quite interesting to see how G1 dealt with an extended storyline – it's ten 10-minute episodes – and there's a G4 link of sorts, given that parts of the plot are mentioned in the background by the Mane Six during the Big Mac IDW comic arc. I may do a little review of "Flutter Valley" here at some point.

Next up when I feel like returning to the world of G1 will be "The Ghost of Paradise Estate", which I'm pretty sure I've never seen at all. I know almost nothing about that four-parter, actually, nor indeed about quite a few of the other G1 stories. Other than "Rescue at Midnight Castle", the only other one that has much recognition is "The Return of Tambelon", because it's the one featuring Grogar.

And no, this isn't going to turn into a G1 blog! But four years of UK PonyCon have made me sufficiently interested in the older generations that I want to see a bit more of what was produced in those years.

2 comments:

  1. Neither of those episodes is great, but if you're an old-school Transformers fan, the song from Paradise Estate is marvelously surreal. At least that one's got tons of fantastic world-building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not an old-school Transformers fan, so sadly that aspect will be lost on me. World-building I can get behind, though.

      Delete