Monday 7 January 2019

Random Pony Watching

By this I don't mean that sometimes I keep an eye on Twilight, sometimes Granny Smith and sometimes Celestia. No: what I've been doing once or twice a week for a little while now is to let Random.org pick a number for me between 1 and 196 (the 195 FiM series episodes plus "Best Gift Ever") and watch whatever the Great God RNG commands. With one exception mentioned below, I don't get a second go. If it's an episode I don't remember very fondly, tough. That's kind of the point.

I do have one or two provisos. If the chosen episode is the second half of a two-parter, I'll watch both halves. And if it's one I've watched recently, I can roll again. But that's pretty much it. I've found this an interesting way of making myself question my initial assessments of Pony episodes, and sometimes I end up feeling better disposed towards ones I used to have little time for – that happened to me just yesterday when I was allotted "Boast Busters".

I recommend this as a fun approach to Pony watching. You can easily expand it to include Equestria Girls content or movies if you like, as long as you get numbering worked out before you start rolling the RNG dice. Mind you, it really only works if you're strict with yourself and stick to what you're given come what may. Otherwise you might as well just choose episodes you know you like anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment