Saturday 12 January 2019

So, Equestria Girls S2 is upon us

At least, by the time this post goes up it should be. As I write, it's not available yet, but apparently 11th January is the ETA. I must admit that I've been a bit inconsistent with the first season of these shorts. If they'd been FiM I'd have been all over them, but as much as I've warmed to EqG over the last few years it's still not quite at the same level. I mostly just watch the specials, with a few exceptions (like "So Much More to Me"!)

Kudos to Hasbro for making things easy by publishing direct to YouTube, though. That damn "Discovery Go app first" approach they used last year was a real pain in the rump, especially for the CYOA shorts. The app isn't available to those of us in the UK, so we had to wait until some kind soul uploaded the videos and hope they didn't get blocked before we got to see them. I'm glad this isn't going to be an issue any more, and it might even get me watching them all!

3 comments:

  1. I've really tried to warm to EQG, but I have rather cooled instead. I will watch the one with Sci-Twi in Equestria, but I can't imagine watching any of the rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched the first one, which is Spike-centric. No problem with that, but I now can't remember much about it beyond the basic premise. I think that's the problem with EqG for me: with a few exceptions, I just don't find it sticks.

      Delete
    2. Well, the Spike short was shit, so no surprise there. :B

      Delete