Friday 4 January 2019

Pony Music Library 58: "The Pony I Want To Be (Sim Gretina Remix)"


Well, I've managed – just about! – to fulfil my hope of getting a PML entry posted by the end of the Christmas season. This one is a little newer than some, but it's one I've listened to a lot recently. Even more than the song it's based on, actually...

What? "The Pony I Want To Be (Sim Gretina Remix)"

Who? Sim Gretina, based on the original by Daniel Ingram

Which? Show song remix

When? October 2015

Why? Sim Gretina is a musician that many people still badly miss since he stopped making MLP remixes, even though that was more than three years ago now. As far as I'm aware, this track from autumn 2015 marked the end as far as this particular fandom was concerned. It's a relatively light-touch remix, which for me places it squarely in the "simple things done really well" category. It pulls off the difficult trick of giving Diamond Tiara's lament an infectious beat while still maintaining the original's emotional pull. Not a bad Pony swan song for such a deservedly popular remixer.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh yes, good to see another PML! And this is one I’m rather familiar with. It’s one of my favourite show songs, so I guess it makes sense that I really like this remix to. I’ve certainly listened to this one quite a bit in recent times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a slow starter where Sim Gretina is concerned, having mostly ignored his stuff until... well, tbh around the time he stopped making it! Shame, really, as it's generally excellent.

      Delete
  2. dooda
    dooda beeda
    tadooda dooda beeda
    dooda
    dooda beeda
    I need to do the beeda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, the "Deep Wide Bell Wonder" of this track. :P

      Delete