Friday 21 April 2023

New story by me: We Are the Everfree

I hope to post the next FiM rewatch video this weekend. Sorry it's taken so long!

For the first time since 2019 (eek) I have two ponyfics up in the same year! This time, it's two in the same month. Here's the new one:

Background: Everfree Forest Clearing by 90Sigma.

We Are the Everfree by Loganberry
OCs and Other
G4; Sad/Tragedy; 1k words; Apr 2023; Teen

In a place as strange as the Everfree Forest, is it really so surprising that its Trees should communicate? They have, after all, been there for a long, long time. Even so, that doesn't mean that nothing ever changes in the woods, or that the Trees have always been that way...

An entry for Mockingbirb's Arboreal Yearnings Contest.

Not my usual combination of genre tags, I'm aware! But this is based on an idea that I've been vaguely thinking about for half a decade or so. Of course it's evolved somewhat since my first thoughts, but after so long it's nice to get it published. The "Arboreal Yearnings Contest" is inspired by Fluttershy's "I'd like to be a tree" comment, and requires stories to have one or more creatures "wanting to be a tree, becoming a tree, pretending to be a tree, or actually being a tree". Trees of the Everfree, of course, are not like other trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment