Tuesday 22 June 2021

Generations looks interesting

Amy Mebberson is the cover artist here

EqD reports that IDW's Friendship is Magic comic series is to come to an end with issue 102 in September. I doubt most people are too astonished. What's caught my eye, though, is the five-issue miniseries that will immediately follow it: Generations. This will see "the familiar faces from Friendship is Magic must call upon the original G1 Ponies of the 1980s for help against a new witch threat erupting from the Volcano of Doom!"

I absolutely love this idea! Covers aren't always representative of the stories inside, but I really hope that we will indeed see the Mane Six meet their direct G1 inspirations, rather than just a bunch of semi-random G1 ponies. It'll be written by Casey Gilly and illustrated by Michela Cacciatore, neither of which names I know anything about. Nevertheless, if Generations gets its premise even halfway right it could get me reading the comics again.

2 comments:

  1. It's a fun premise that's entirely at the mercy of the execution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course. But a good premise is a start!

      Delete