Friday 21 August 2020

Reviews of longer fics will return soon! I hope...

I've had a couple of queries recently about when/whether I might get back to reviewing longer fics, perhaps returning to doing the odd Spotlight post. This does remain on the agenda, and now life in the UK is a bit (a bit) less stressful than it was earlier in the year it may actually happen. Time to give you a sneak preview.

So, here are the next ten 30k-plus-word fics that I hope (no more than that) to feature in Ponyfic Roundup over the next mumble mumble period of time. They're listed in alphabetical order, though it's most unlikely I will read them all in that order. Their word counts are in brackets after the author name:

Contraptionology! by Skywriter (134k)
Drifting Down the Lazy River by Georg (99k)
Fluttershy's Bad "Hare" Day by Pegasus Rescue Brigade (59k)
Friendship is Optimal: Always Say No by Defoloce (109k)
Nine Days Down by JoeShogun (144k)

Oversaturation by FanOfMostEverything (37k)
Romance Reports by SleeplessBrony (185k)
Synchronicity by Sev (86k)
Twilight Sparkle of the Royal Guard by King of Beggars (80k)
A White Mare by RandomBlank (39k)

I do not guarantee that I'll get to your personal favourite, or indeed any of these fics, any time soon. I do not guarantee that I won't just throw my hooves in the air and continue to review 2k-word one-shots for the rest of time. I do not guarantee anything much. But hay, it could happen. Only on The Hub Ponyfic Roundup.

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing my bit to help you out by never having written a 30k word story. No, no, you're quite welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could write 30K-plus-word fics on a regular basis, just for the satisfaction of seeing Loganberry throw up his hooves and avoid them. That'll teach him not to mess with fanfiction!

      Delete
    2. I learnt not to mess with fanfiction back in 2012, when it sank its claws into me and refused to let go. Still hasn't!

      Delete