Sunday 7 October 2018

Hiatus plans: Back to 2011!

I've been wondering what to do on this blog during the S8/S9 hiatus, and I think I have the answer. A while back, somewhere in the dark and nasty regions where nobody goes – ie DeviantArt – I discovered a zip archive containing all the tracks that made Everfree Radio's Top 100 for that year. I wish I could remember exactly where on DeviantArt I found it, but oh well.

Anyway, I plan to count down from 100 to 1 on that and write a little something about each track. And, when I can, point to where you can get them.* That might be tricky in some cases: while some of the songs are classics to this day (for example, "Nightmare Night" and "Flutterwonder"), others have been hit hard by the ravages of time and are now very hard or impossible to find online.

Still, that will make it a fun adventure! (At least, I hope so.) I'll continue with this blog's usual ramblings as well, so consider this countdown something to fill in the gaps on days when I'm not posting Ponyfic Roundup or the like. Since I wasn't in the fandom until 2012, I'm really looking forward to discovering some of the music that was popular before my time!

* Note: I won't be uploading anything myself. If they really have disappeared entirely from the web, then I'll respect their creators' wishes.

4 comments:

  1. If you want, I also have the Celestia Radio top 50 for 2011.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. :) Not sure whether I'll get that far, though. I might just move in to the Everfree lists for 2012 and 2013, which I also have.

      Delete
  2. Found the .zip and collections for both 2012 and 2013 also:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38kVwl13cntYnZHSks1TFJ4WEE/view
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B38kVwl13cntRTkxNTMxc05ndjg/edit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B38kVwl13cntX1RsZHhIS05zS1U/edit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As indeed did I, long ago, but belated thanks for the links anyway!

      Delete