Friday 8 January 2021

Will do the best I can here

Okay, this is a slightly more personal post than most of mine. Please feel free to skip this one; I won't be offended if you do. The next post will be more straightforwardly Pony, promise!

However, it's only fair to give you a heads-up that I may struggle to keep this blog going in the way I'd like to for a while. I will keep it going in some form, and I am absolutely not abandoning it, but things here in the UK are – to be blunt – bloody awful and getting worse at least in the short term. I don't know what frame of mind I'll be in over the coming weeks.

My head is also a bit sideways as I've recently had to tell someone I once considered a friend that he is no longer someone I want in my life. The reasons may or may not have to do with recent happenings on the other side of the Atlantic from me. As far as I know, none of you here know this person, and I won't give further details now. I don't want to discuss it, but I felt I needed to note it.

I do still intend to put up a Ponyfic Roundup on Wednesday, since I'm pretty sure I can manage to read a few short fics between now and then. I also want to go ahead with my look back at my rewatch of S3; its being a short season helps here, since I won't need to write such a long article! Beyond that I don't know. But let's end on an up: I am still very much committed to Louder Yay in the longer term.

Take care, everyone. End of my "getting real" bit. Back to colourful equines next time.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah, shit's pretty bad right now. D: Do what you must! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Logan. :( I know things are pretty bad right now. Feel free to shoot off in a message to me if you ever need someone to vent to. Otherwise, as Present Perfect says, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I promise to remember that. I really can't predict whether I'll take you up on that, but it's kind of you to offer.

      Delete
  3. No worries. Whatever's best for you, I strongly recommend you do it. It's good to see this blog continuing, but your happiness comes first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Continuing to be an active part of this fandom is a net positive by a long way, so I'll be around and about in some form. I just can't promise it'll be the same form it would be in better times.

      Delete
  4. There's nothing wrong with cutting toxic people off.

    Hanging on to the things you love isn't easy when the world is seemingly falling apart around you. When you think, "What does this matter, anyway?" or something like that, it's the depression talking. Keep hold of what makes you happy.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't regret it. I just wish I hadn't had to do it.

      And thank you. You too.

      Delete