Tuesday 19 January 2021

Taobao strikes again?

If accurate, the first MLP logo without a heart since G2 two decades ago!

As reported on EqD the other day, a new MLP logo (above) has been spotted over on Taobao. It could be nothing, but the source is interesting as Taobao has seen genuine Pony things surface for the first time before, and more than once to boot. Slightly later, also via EqD, an intriguing animatic turned up from someone who is reported to have worked for Boulder Media.

I'm not sure I'm all that convinced by the animatic, since there's simply not enough to go on. The fact that the upload was rapidly deleted after becoming known doesn't say very much, as you could imagine someone making one as a fanwork behaving the same way if they didn't want the hassle. The logo, though... I could see that turning out to be real, I really could. We'll know one way or another in due course!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, but inconclusive. I'm waiting and seeing.

    So long as G5 is a genuinely new continuity, I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete