Sunday 24 January 2021

UK PonyCon postponed again

I doubt this will have come as a surprise to anyone, but UK PonyCon has announced that its scheduled in-person convention on 8th/9th May 2021 has been postponed. The new dates are 4th/5th September. At least in theory – bluntly, I think it's a very long shot that even that will go ahead; I'd love to be proved totally wrong, but I would be really surprised. My money would be on no conventions at all in the UK this year.

Which is all a bit depressing, so I'll add here that I'm restarting my rewatch series tomorrow with the first Equestria Girls film. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Remembering the general astonishment last March that we might all be sent home for up to twelve weeks, it's been hard to continually readjust to each set of moving goalposts, but honestly for months now that May date felt more like hope than expectation. I do hope that with vaccination in full swing the September date might not be complete pie in the sky, but then again I'm a perennial (cl)optimist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm trying not to fall into the trap of predicting (even to myself) what might happen when this time. I've been pretty scarred by it. Optimism is no vice, though!

      Delete