Saturday 9 January 2021

Colourful equines as promised


( Text link )

Okay, not actually pictures of colourful equines, but at least music associated with them. I meant to post this before doing my S3 rewatch, because of course Network Musical Ensemble's original vocal version of "Giddy Up" was used in the S3 trailers that The Hub put out before that season started. However, I really like J. B. Scott's orchestral interpretation, so that's what you're getting now. I actually have this as my alarm sound on my phone. :D

3 comments:

  1. Very nice arrangement. Reminds me of "The Cowboys" movie music by John Williams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that may well have been an influence. And going back a bit, surely also Aaron Copland's "Hoe-Down" and similar.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, this version does have a very Copland feel to it! The little snaps and the trumpet line... more subtle, which I like.

      Delete