Monday 11 January 2021

"My Little Repeats" will include some Equestria Girls rewatches

I was asked about this by a friend recently, and I don't think I've given a definitive answer until now. So here it is: yes, I will be including Equestria Girls in the "My Little Repeats" (MLR) rewatch, as well as Friendship is Magic.

My plan is to watch the EqG stuff at the right point to fit into the chronology of MLP G4 as a whole. This is relevant now as the first EqG film appeared after S3 of FiM – and so it will be the next thing I rewatch for this series! Looking further ahead, I will definitely do all four movies and I will probably do the specials as well. The shorts are very unlikely, though.

Coming up this week will be my little retrospective on S3 of FiM. I hope to get Equestria Girls rewatched (and written about in MLR's usual briefish way) by the end of January, but we'll have to see.

3 comments:

  1. Definitely looking forward to the EqG sequel movies, especially Rainbow Rocks. Rewatched that one recently, and pleased to report I thought it held up really well. Some of the specials are pretty fun too.

    Just wondering: what counts as a short? "Dance Magic", and so on? Or do they qualify as specials?

    As for the S3 retrospective, I surprisingly find myself looking back on S3 more fondly, despite all the complaining I've done about it. Admittedly, this is mostly because I think, on balance, it doesn't look as bad compared with what later seasons pulled off, but it does have some really good episodes I quite liked revisiting. If nothing else, it holds an interesting place in the show's history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wondering: what counts as a short? "Dance Magic", and so on? Or do they qualify as specials?

      Good question. My current intention is to count the three "Magic" releases as specials. From what I can tell, Hasbro thinks of them as such. So it'll be those and the five "regular" specials.

      If I can find them, that is. If I recall correctly, "Forgotten Friendship" had several minutes of footage that was exclusive to the YouTube version. By 2017-18 it was getting quite hard to keep things in order given all the reschedulings, leaks etc.

      Delete
  2. Oh boy :D

    I should try rewatching EQG things alongside you.

    ReplyDelete