Wednesday 28 June 2023

Signal boost: The "New Blood" Contest

Here's a ponyfic writing contest for which I'm not eligible but which I'm still very pleased to see. Organised by Bean's Writing Group (of which I confess I know very little), the "New Blood" Contest is open only to accounts created in 2020 or later¹ (and not since the contest was announced) and that have never reached 100 followers. This all sounds intriguing!
¹ Which have to be authors' primary accounts, as alts are explicitly prohibited.

The rules section drags on a bit, so I won't try to summarise it here – the link above will let you read it for yourself. Two highlights, though, are that this is for short fics – the maximum word count is just 4,444 – and that the main prompt is "A Secret Life". There are monetary prizes on offer, plus a sprinkling of bonus challenges. I shall be keeping an eye on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment