Saturday 30 April 2022

Two thousand up!

generation of MLP (code lyoko of aelita) by guruyunus17
(CC by 3.0)

This is my 2,000th post on Louder Yay, and by Celestia I never thought back in 2012 that I would get anywhere near this mark. Okay, so a few of those posts have been me waffling on about why such-and-such an update is going to be delayed, but hay: most of them are still real posts! It's fair to say that I'd be much less likely to have continued for this long had it not been for you, my wonderful readers and commenters. Even if I don't get the quantity of interactivity that I might on Fimfiction, the quality is right up there. That's on you fine people. Thank you for coming along with me on this ride!

And, of course, thank you to everyone from the top of Hasbro right through to us ordinary fans, everyone who's made My Little Pony and its fandom what it is, has been for the past four decades, and will hopefully continue to be long into the future. Yes, the bad as well as the good, the rough as well as the smooth. A road with no bumps or bends in it gets boring after a while. As a very wise group of ponies once put it: we're not flawless. So, Logan: another 2,000 posts coming up? Well... we'll see. ;)

10 comments:

  1. post #4000 coming to a louder yay near you, 2028! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can refer me back to that comment in 2028 if such does indeed come to pass! Though another 2,000 in six years? I'd have to up my game considerably to manage that!

      Delete
  2. Mike Cartoon Karma30 April 2022 at 13:53

    Well done on the milestone, buddy! I look forward to many more posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, Mike! And that's the intention, certainly.

      Delete
  3. The Cloptimist1 May 2022 at 03:25

    Congratulations! To me it's about the time and the consistent quality, not the number - you didn't just get to 2000 by spamming low effort waffle, I've always found your posts engaging and (as a latecomer) educational, and the comments section fascinating. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you. Thank you, and thanks for coming along for the ride with me!

      Delete