Thursday 11 June 2020

UK PonycOnline schedule up!

The UK PonycOnline virtual convention is this Saturday (13th June) and it's now got a schedule up! It may not be quite on the scale of PonyFest, but I'm still pleased with what we're getting. There will be two stages (Britannia and Starlight) with what at first glance seems a pretty solid collection of events and fun-ness. Yes, that's a word. I asked Pinkie Pie and she said it was.

Also now up is a vendor page, as well as a link to the Discord server; you can find the latter at the bottom of the convention's homepage. Plenty of channels in there – there's even a quiet channel, the UKPcO version of the physical convention's Quiet Room. :) I shall certainly be on there at times during the con, so please feel free to say hello! My screen name is Loganberry there too.

So, what appeals to me? Well, Archer's Quiz at 18:00 is a must! Elsewhere, there's an interesting-looking panel by Reskell on "Furries and the MLP Community", as well as Amethyst Shade talking about the fandom's social side. PrinceWhateverer is my favourite of the three musicians performing; Lavender Harmony and BassPon3 are the others. Oh, and there's PlushieCon of course!

It will be so nice to have a convention aimed squarely at the UK time zone, too. Events will run from 11 am to 11 pm BST, which means no need for us British fans to pull all-nighters in order to see something great. I'm much too old for con all-nighters in any case, even for streaming video. (Streaming will be done via Twitch, which is hardly going to come as any surprise!)

Now the schedule's up, I find to my delight that I am getting that familiar nervouscited feeling, one that's remarkably close to the one I've got in the past when UK PonyCon has been approaching. Those of us from our local meetup group are even planning a pre-meet to replace our usual Friday evening pub gathering. I am really looking forward to all this! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment