Tuesday 30 June 2020

UK PonycOnline, Merch Haul

It was a bit of a trial taking this outside on a windy day!
I have firmed up my opinion on UK PonycOnline. It is now, without a doubt, my  favourite online convention so far, just shading the also excellent PonyFest 2.0. I'm sure part of that is because of my happy history with the in-person UK PonyCons over the years. But it was also the event which I think felt most like a con – and part of the reason for that was that I came away with an, admittedly small, merch haul! Here's a key to the numbers on the pic:
1a to 1f: A6 postcard prints of the Mane Six and Spike, by Pearly Pie
2: Unexpected sketch of Spike, also by Pearly Pie, on the packing slip!
3: A6 marker pen original of Seapony Rainbow Dash, by StormBlaze
4: Print-it-yourself con badge of Britannia, by Sparkler
5: Official con T-shirt, via Redbubble, by Sparkler
6: Con mug (same design as the shirt), by Sparkler
For the sake of complete honesty, I bought the StormBlaze piece from her Etsy a few days later, but I did so because of UKPCO and so I consider it a con purchase. Not the biggest merch haul I've ever had, but for various reasons funds ended up being very tight at exactly the wrong moment. Given that, I'm pretty pleased – and, as I said above, even this little haul helped to contribute to that "actually a convention" feel that UKPCO managed to achieve. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment