Tuesday 28 August 2018

Fanfic Reading: We Who with Songs Beguile


 ( Text link )

I felt it was about time I did another fanfic reading – so here one is! This is a story I've always been rather pleased with, especially given how it fits with some pretty tiny pieces of canon, and I have happy memories of it from the EqD Outside Insight contest all those years ago. (Not only did it make the final, but Inquisitor M gave it quite a nice review.) However, I did want to give a better idea of how Mazarine sounded in my head, and what better way than actually reading the fic aloud? Note that the story is set in the second half of Season 3, so Twilight is not an alicorn at this point.

OC, Fluttershy and Rarity
Comedy/Slice of Life; 3k words; Aug 2014; Teen
Fluttershy's songbird choir is renowned throughout Equestria, in demand by ponies everywhere. Looked at from the other side of the perch, though, it's not always the life it's cracked up to be. If you want to hear the real story, straight from the bird's beak, Mazarine is your jay. Though you may have to set aside most of an afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment