Saturday 28 February 2015

Royal Canterlot Library

Royal Canterlot Library header showing It Doesn't Matter Now
"Aren't you milking this a bit?"
So, this happened. Looking at the RCL's "Upcoming Features" box, I see that next week it's Aquaman, who won the EQD "Outside Insight" contest in the summer. On alphabetical order, I slot in next to Lucky Dreams, who wrote what may be my favourite fic in this or any other fandom. And then there's me, the "Spike at Your Service" of the RCL. (Hey, that episode had a funny sequence about fanfic! What more do you want?)

Anyway, something that happens when you get featured (he said, trying to sound blasé about the whole thing and failing spectacularly) is that they give you a little exam interview about your writing, some fandom stuff, where all the Biros go, etc. And you can read my interview here. As I said on Fimfiction, there's a virtual biscuit in it if you catch the reference at the end. (The whole quiz thing, not just the final question.) I expect you all will, on account of being clever.

Finally: my interview is almost twice as long as the story itself. There's bound to be a moral in there somewhere, but I'm writing this in the middle of the night, so you'll have to find it yourself. I'm probably busy dying of Better Than Life anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's awesome to see that you've been inducted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm now trying to decide whether to read some other inducted fics, or whether that would just make me feel even more of a fraud... :P

      Delete
    2. I think I've read about ten of them already, so it's a bit late now anyway!

      Delete