Monday 1 November 2021

Happy 10th (and one day...) "Nightmare Night"!


Yeah, mea culpa: I should have posted this yesterday. But better late than never, right? It's such an iconic track in this fandom that I don't think I can leave it out. "Nightmare Night" is inspired by the S2 episode "Luna Eclipsed", but it takes that inspiration and canters away with it. Yes, it's full of the electronica and voice distortions that were everywhere in the early fandom. But in this case, who cares? Someone might well: I don't. The Living Tombstone's 2013 remix is perhaps slightly more often played these days, but I prefer the original, with that piano riff to set us going. There are a heap of remixes and PMVs of this, but for me the finest will always be Ferexes' SFM video. It says something that I like that so much even though I'm not much of an SFM fan and I don't care at all about TF2. But this post is mainly about the song. Mic performed it at BUCK 2014, so I've seen it live, but its heart is being the Halloween song for us bronies. It's a rare late October when I don't hear it quite a few times!

No comments:

Post a Comment