Tuesday 2 November 2021

November plans for Louder Yay

Heeeeeeere's Glimmy!*
* May take up to 28 days. We are not liable for postal delays. Governed by the Laws of Equestria. E&OE
As I've said before, the combination of A New Generation and UK PonyCon has knocked me right off my stride in terms of doing stuff on here. This week should be the week I get back into that stride! And you know what? I'm gonna live dangerously and give you actual dates this time. So you can expect:

  • Ponyfic Roundup 366 this Wednesday (3/11)
  • ANG Text Review Roundup (part 1) this Friday (5/11)
  • ANG Text Review Roundup (part 2) next Monday (8/11)
  • Ponyfic Roundup 367 next Wednesday (10/11)

Hmm, a lot of Roundups there. But then, at long last...

  • My Little Reviews, "The Cutie Map, part 1" the following Saturday (13/11)

That's right, folks. We'll be a-headin' back to Friendship is Magic, that world of endless colour and songs and 2D Flash animation. It's been quite a while – if I stick to my plan, that MLR will be one day short of three months since I did the review of S4E26 – but hay, we've endured longer waits than that in this fandom.

Generation 4 is by no means done yet as far as this blog is concerned! :)

2 comments:

  1. Aha, the Logan Kraken awakes!

    Nice to see you regular schedule (somewhat) back in action. Honestly, there's been so much Pony content going on I barely noticed it's been 2.5 months since My Little Repeats left Season 4 behind. It'll be nice to have them again! Plus, since we now know the next G5 animated content, that special, is coming in May, it means you should JUST about finish Season 5 by the time it comes out (you might have to shave off a day between weekly reviews towards the end, depending on what date it get released on). Regardless, looking very forward to discussing Season 5. If it's one thing, it's inconsistent, with a fair amount of great episodes, but a fair amount of problematic ones too. Quite the opposite to Season 4, which was mostly Good and Decent episodes.

    Some folk might remember that, in the past, I would often post what changes I noted through the Premise, Outline and Script for each episode. However, not only did this take a lot of time, but towards the end, the amount of detail got so large that it was a struggle just to fit it into four comments here, given the character count limit.

    I've already prepared the notes for the first four episodes, so those will be posted, unedited. After that? Rather then trying to report everything, I will only report the most interesting bits, what can be condensed into a single comment. I'm thinking I might set up links on my Fimfiction User homepage to the documented changes, though, so anyone can access and read them, anytime. Not committing to this for sure, just where the plan stands for right now.

    Oh, Text Review Roundup for A New Generation should be interesting too. Moreso the fan ones, honestly, given how few critical reviews there are (just ten on Rotten Tomatoes, for instance, and not very informative ones, honestly). Certainly, it's going to be a much shorter post then when you did the same for the 2017 flick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you should JUST about finish Season 5 by the time [the May special] comes out

      I'm hoping to manage a schedule similar to what I did towards the end of S4, which averaged around five days between episodes. If I can achieve that, I should be fine.

      Delete