Saturday 13 August 2016

Pony Music Library 21: "Vicious Lies"

You know what? It's been a while since I posted a PML entry – so let's do something about that right now.


What? "Vicious Lies"

Who? d.notive

Which? Original song

When? February 2012

Why? Oh my goodness, this takes me back. When I joined the fandom, in spring 2012, this was one of the first tracks I found that really turned me on to how great brony music could be. Back then, the whole "New Lunar Republic" / "Tyrant Celestia" thing was still fairly popular, and though I've never been very interested in that in itself, this song demanded my attention. If you have any interest at all in Depeche Mode, you'll recognise the style, which is ideal for a tale like this. I don't know when I last heard someone mention this song, and that's a crying shame.

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard it before, but quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! d.notive is no longer active in the fandom, but back then he was pretty well known.

      Delete