Tuesday 16 August 2016

A bit of role reversal

Normally I review other people's stories, but this is about other people reviewing my stories. I hope you'll indulge me in a post that has no significance at all beyond me being pleased about it. I've had two very nice reviews of my ponyfic in the last couple of weeks:

First, Chris reviewed the very silly Shining Armor's Amour's Armour, a fic that is much more a piece of silliness than an actual good story but which has unaccountably become one of my most popular pieces. As he quite rightly says, it's not a fic there's any point in reading if you don't like contrived puns – but who doesn't? It's also well timed, since the story was inspired by a passing comment from Cerulean Voice, a long-standing author who has made the entirely understandable decision to retire from ponyfic and give priority to that strange thing we call Real Life.

PaulAsaran reviewed another of my stories, It Doesn't Matter Now. This is a fic that I do think is a good story – it's also by some way my most read fic – and I'm very pleased by the comments Paul gave about it. I think he makes a fair point about its brevity, but then that's what I do. I'm sure someone could have made it into a wonderful longer fic, but I was never that someone. So as with Chris's review, albeit from a rather different perspective, I'm very happy with that.

(That's enough self-promotion – Ed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment