Saturday 28 May 2016

Pony Music Library 9: "My Little Pony Intro (Alex S Glitch Remix)"

I think I've finally thought of how I can do a reading of The Unbearable Lightness of Bucking. My sticking point has been a complete inability to do an Applejack voice – but I may just have a way out. Watch this space! Anyway, music now:


What? "My Little Pony Intro (Alex S Glitch Remix)"

Who? Alex S.

Which? Show song remix

When? July 2011

Why? I'm not generally a fan of glitch music, but somehow this almost five-year-old remix of the main Friendship is Magic theme has stuck in my head from the moment I first heard it, almost as soon as I entered the fandom in spring 2012. It's one of those songs that I can't really explain my love of, but which I would undoubtedly miss if it disappeared. As it (sort of) did for a while when its creator took down his pony stuff. Happily, he re-uploaded in 2015, and everyone can now enjoy this piece of fandom history, which Alex himself dubs his favourite pony track.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't really know his other stuff (except "What a World"), so can't comment sensibly. Still, even if this were the only thing he'd ever made, it would be enough.

      Delete
  2. I have several of his tracks on my computer. They are all awesome. He did the great Party with Pinkie (I like the VIP mix) and Ultimate Sweetie Belle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, how could I forget "Party with Pinkie"? Silly Logan! I don't know "USB" though, so will investigate.

      Delete