Thursday 7 October 2021

UK PonyCon 2021 questionnaire thingummy

Very late in the day, but I haven't been able to do one of these for two years and it's about time I did! So here you are. Some of it is pretty much unchanged from the 2019 edition, but not all of it.

What do I call you? Logan. My actual fandom name is Loganberry, and I don't have any problem with you using that, but it's pretty rare that anyone does. Mult1C0rN... well, if you must. But it'll confuse me! A lot of things confuse me.

Gender and pronouns? Male. He/him.

What will you look like? Not very interesting. Middle-aged, bespectacled, T-shirt. If the person you see is wearing jeans, it's not me, because I don't. On the Saturday, I'll be wearing the most recent UKPCOnline shirt. Dark red, with boxes containing various staff members' OCs – representing a rather frantic Zoom call. I'm not a cosplayer really, and I haven't had time to do anything like that this year even if I was.

Who will you be with? As usual, it's a case of who can bear my company for more than 15 seconds at a time, really. Given previous conventions, I wouldn't be surprised if there was some custard involved. Or possibly a little mayonn—[Ohhhh no you don't! —Ed.]

What will you be doing? Mostly, I'll just be basking in the feeling of being at a Pony convention again. I'm really not certain exactly which panels and so on I'll be attending, and many things are in the "nice to do" list so I'll have to pick. Although the Pub Quiz on Saturday evening is high on my priorities list!

Can I talk to you? You certainly can; I'm fairly waffly and chatty when I finally get going! I'd prefer you kept conversation to lighter topics and preferably to MLP for the most part – escapism matters to me, and all the more so after the last year and a half. Of course, feel free to play it by ear.

What can I talk to you about? What I just said. Ponyfic is my main interest in the fandom, so I'll nearly always be happy to chat about that. I have seen the G5 film and I'm more than happy to talk about G5 in general. But really, most things Pony and UKPC-appropriate should be okay!

Can I take your photo? I won't be looking remotely interesting, so it would be a bit odd – but if I'm in the background of a crowd scene or something I won't ask you to crop me out before sticking the picture on your web folder or whatever.

Can I hug you? We-ell... this one is a bit trickier this year, isn't it? I'm not in the "no hugs ever" group, and I am vaccinated in any case, but I would definitely very strongly prefer not to get random, unexpected hugs. Ask first, please. Especially if we're friends, then I'll probably say yes. In many ways I'd be very happy. But if I don't feel comfortable on the day, please don't read anything beyond that into it.

How long are you staying? This year, owing to my very short-notice decision to attend UKPC, I'm only staying on the Saturday night, so I'm travelling up early on the Saturday and going home on Sunday evening. Thankfully it won't need to be the second the con ends, so if there's a post-con meal not too far away I expect I could spend an hour or so there. Which would be very nice. :)

Where are you staying? Er... well. Let's just say it's a bit further away than I'd have liked, again because of the short notice. However, it is not the Travelodge Nottingham Central, so it's possible I'll actually get some sleep this year! :P

How are you travelling? By train to Nottingham, then I'll either get the tram or walk if the weather's okay. Not having heavy bags will make the latter option sensible for once.

Favourite characters? Fluttershy, as always. Much as I like Sunny, she doesn't beat Fluttershy. Nopony ever could, I'm sure. Also Scootaloo, Celestia, Derpy... and maybe Hitch.

Anything else I should know? Yes. How long does it take five ponies to dig half a hole?

4 comments:

  1. "How long does it take five ponies to dig half a hole?"

    Ten times as fast as it takes one pony to dig one complete hole.

    There's probably an irony here going clean over my head, but I'm sticking to my literalist (numerist?) guns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old riddle, albeit less ponified in the original. The answer is that they can't, because there is no such thing as half a hole. It could be a hole half the size, but it's still a full hole. :)

      Delete
  2. The "Anything else I should know?" question sounds like it could have come from the Discorded quiz today. Was good fun, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, maybe it did! The nature of causality when Discord is concerned is fluid at best... ;)

      Delete