Sunday 25 April 2021

Is this the first true fandom classic to turn ten years old?

I may be wrong, but my feeling right now is that it is. Yes, a few of Eurobeat Brony's remixes are older, but I can't think of any completely original brony tracks that date from before 25th April 2011 and remain well known today. I wasn't in the fandom at the time, so I don't know whether there were any that everyone knew back in 2011 but which have since faded from view. This one, though, has endured.

The whole "Lunar Republic v Solar Empire" thing had also faded considerably even by the time I joined the fandom a year later. Still, it led to this song and some other quite solid fanworks, so I can't complain too much. Even if the pattern of "Luna is best everything and I will vote for her 900 times in every poll ever" got a little bit tiresome at times for those of us who lived on the sunnier side of the street. ;)

Happy 10th Birthday, "For The New Lunar Republic"!

No comments:

Post a Comment