Monday 6 July 2020

In which Fimfiction loses a little bit of goodness

Many of you will already have seen paperhearts' blog post, but if not I'd urge you to read it in full yourself, especially this comment. In short: he's no longer enjoying Fimfiction and is moving to Archive Of Our Own (AO3) instead. I think all of us will wish him well in that endeavour, and hopefully some of us will stop by his AO3 account from time to time. (Pointer to that in his Fimfic post.) I will. I don't intend to ramble on lots here, but I would like to echo my comments on paperhearts' own blog and say thank you. Fimfiction was a better place for his presence and just a little more of its shine has rubbed off with his departure. All the best, paperhearts. I hope you find more happiness creating at your new home. :)

4 comments:

  1. Because AO3 is a bastion of wholesome folk...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've no idea, as I've never used it. (Mostly because I didn't and still don't like its presentation.) But I'm not going to speak for paperhearts here. If the move makes him happier, good. He'll be missed, though.

      Delete
  2. Just as I was getting used to having him back on FIMFiction too. This is a shame, but if it makes him happy, then so be it.

    Honestly, considering what ugliness has risen to the surface on that site, I don't blame him for wanting to step away either.

    Just waiting via other channels now to resume contact with him. Fortunately, we've had at least one other way of keeping in touch off-site for a while, so it's just a matter of switching over for me personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's particularly good to hear. Always a bit of a worry when you only have one open channel of communications. I lost touch with one or two people on Furaffinity way back when as a result of not having any other route.

      Delete