Tuesday 21 July 2020

Friendly Pony Corner

That title is Impossible Numbers' fault, but it was just too good to resist using. I'm grateful if anyone finds that description fits this blog, at least. Friendly corners, pony or otherwise, are very valuable things, all the more so in troubled times. Anyway, this is going to be (yet) another week when I mess up my usual schedule by virtue of being varying amounts of tired, busy, lazy and disorganised. Especially the last one.

So: tomorrow, you will get my rewatch of "Dragon Quest", which is going to be interesting as my regular and semi-regular commenters have seemed to cover a huge range of opinions on that episode. On Friday this week's Ponyfic Roundup will appear. At the weekend, I'll be getting back to "Sounds of 2013". Those three are pretty much my core series, so I think they all deserve some attention.

5 comments:

  1. I like to imagine it's the name of Pinkie Pie's new talk show. :D

    Surprised "Dragon Quest" gets that huge range. It's a Merriwether Williams episode, which tend not to be very popular, at least in my experience. I am curious, though, since I haven't seen much of the last two seasons, whether Spike's ancestry is ever really settled. It was a favourite topic for speculation back in the day.

    My apologies if you've mentioned this already, but once you're past Season Three, will you be recapping the Equestria Girls media too, as well as MLP specials later down the road?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd always thought that "Dragon Quest" was generally unpopular, but I said that here at some point and was told by more than one commenter that they enjoyed it. I can't remember which people specifically, though.

      will you be recapping the Equestria Girls media too, as well as MLP specials later down the road?

      I absolutely intend to do "Best Gift Ever", which even has an official episode number so is considered by DHX to be part of the main series. I also intend on covering the 2017 film and Rainbow Roadtrip to complete the non-short Friendship is Magic media.

      I'm not sure about Equestria Girls yet. Currently I'm minded to do the four movies, but perhaps not the specials and certainly not the shorts.

      Delete
    2. Oh, and as for Spike: without spoiling you on why or how things unfold, I will say that his family is a plot point in an episode during the last two seasons.

      Delete
  2. The Cloptimist23 July 2020 at 14:43

    I like this friendly corner a great deal, and appreciate you providing it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you. You're very welcome. :)

      Delete