Monday 30 December 2019

Worcester Shires quiz – answers!

I hope a few people had fun with this quiz, even those who didn't post comments attempting any of the questions. Here are the official answers:

Worcester Shires Hearth's Warming Quiz 2019

Q1: Whose voice was the first ever heard in Friendship is Magic?
Nicole Oliver

Q2: In "Hearth's Warming Eve", who were the three assistants to the pony tribal rulers? (1 mark for each)
Clover the Clever, Private Pansy, Smart Cookie

Q3: Who was the main interior artist on the first IDW MLP comic?
Andy Price

Q4: What is the name of Tirek's estranged brother?
Scorpan

Q5: In "Slice of Life", what do Celestia and Luna bicker about?
Whose turn it was to bring the present

Q6: Complete the song line: "Cupcakes, so sweet and tasty…"
"...cupcakes, don't be too hasty!"

Q7: In the 2017 film, what is the name of Queen Novo's octopus servant?
Jamal

Q8: What was the name of the large convention held for a few years in France?
BronyDays

Q9: In the popular [Worcester meet] card game "Chase the Ace", which family are said to be cursed?
The Cakes (both the decks we use have Cakes as low-ranking cards)

Q10: Which is the only G1 pony to be included in Friendship is Magic's Mane Six with her name and design largely unchanged?
Applejack

Q11: What is the name of the toy line that includes Cheese Sandwich's party tank cannon?
Guardians of Harmony

Q12: Who wrote the official MLP chapter books?
G. M. (Gillian) Berrow

Q13: In "Hurricane Fluttershy", what wing power number is required to produce a tornado?
800

Q14: Who are the four officially-named Our Town residents with speaking parts in "The Cutie Map", not including Starlight? (1 mark for each)
Double Diamond, Night Glider, Sugar Belle, Party Favor

Q15: Which pony was the first figure to be given away with the [UK] monthly magazine?
Pinkie Pie

Q16: After the parasprites have finally been run out of town by Pinkie's polka performance, which city does Princess Celestia say has been hit by an infestation?
Fillydelphia

Q17: Another movie question: who voices Capper?
Taye Diggs

Q18: Which School of Friendship student is terrified of confined spaces?
Gallus

Q19: In the song "Pinkie's Present" from "A Hearth's Warming Tail", which character is seen operating a gramophone?
DJ-Pon3 / Vinyl Scratch

Q20: What is the very last word spoken (not sung) in Friendship is Magic?
"You." ("I know just where to send you.")

Tie-breaker! (We didn't need this, but I'll include it anyway.)

QTB: How many words are there in the fanfic My Little Dashie?
12,524

5 comments:

  1. Oh! :O I was right about Taye Diggs, that surprised me. I don't know actors. Also don't know numbers, so no surprise there. XD I hope you accept my rounding error on MLD.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Pascoite guessed 13k, so was closer than you by 24 words. But you answered the questions whereas he just said which ones he agreed with you on and added a couple more. So you win anyway!

      And neither of you got the wing power question right. Tsk. :P

      Delete
    2. I'll be honest, I said 500, posted the comment, and went, wait, no, it's a thousand.

      I think that was closer to the record Rainbow Dash was trying to break, though. :B

      Delete
  2. In saying I agreed with PP, I meant I'd taken the quiz myself and compared my answers to his afterward. If I agreed, it meant I got the same answer. If I disagreed, I gave what my answer was. If I didn't know the answer, I didn't give one. So that meant PP got more right than me anyway.

    ReplyDelete