Saturday 5 January 2019

So, what about 2019 in Pony, Logan?

If you read my "2018 in Pony" post a few days ago, you may have been wondering whether I was going to look ahead to 2019. Well... not in quite the same way. After all, I covered a fair bit of it (if tangentially) in the 2018 post, and things like "Will you be going to any conventions?" can't be answered beyond "I hope so" at this point in the year. However, here's one of my New Year's Resolutions that is relevant. I repeat it here in the hope that I'll actually meet it:

In 2019, I will actually write some damn ponyfic!

My 2018 ponyfic output was feeble. My one and only completed fic was Custard Repeatedly Teleports into Starlight, a very short sequel that is generally felt (including by me) to be inferior to the story it follows. Then there's the embarrassment of The Danger Within, which has languished on hiatus since the end of February. Not good enough, especially for a fic whose writing was primarily intended to stop me doing this.

The last time I wrote what I consider a good story was The Book of Ended Lives in February 2017. Now, I'm glad that's up there of course, but... February 2017! I may not write another good story if I do write more ponyfic, but I certainly won't write another good story if my output is zero. So, here I am putting this on record: during 2019, barring personal emergencies, I will write the fic I've been mulling over since S7. It's going to happen. (2020 update: It didn't happen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment