Sunday 10 October 2021

Happy 10th, "Beyond Her Garden"!

The anniversaries are coming thick and fast now. I didn't feature Eurobeat Brony's original version of "Discord" on 7th October (10 years from its YouTube upload date) because it had appeared on the Super Ponybeat 2 album back in August 2011.* But WoodenToaster's "Beyond Her Garden" went up on YT on 10th October 2011, a year to the day after Friendship is Magic debuted. Easily Carrot Top/Golden Harvest's most prominent musical appearance, this is a fairly high-tempo piece that tells a tale of... well, what? I don't know. The lyrics don't make much more sense to me now than they did when I first heard this. But still, you have to admit it is seriously catchy!

* Well, maybe not. Odyssey herself reckons 6th October is the anniversary, so maybe the tracks on the album weren't all released at once? I'll defer to the actual writer!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Rob is best horse now though. :P

      Delete
    2. PP knows best horses when he sees them. Rob is a flash in the pony-pan by comparison!

      Delete
    3. Oh, I agree. Best horse has been yellow for years and remains yellow now. :P

      Delete
  2. I'm surprised Chris hasn't weighed in on this.

    ReplyDelete